Position: Supply Planning Manager
Job Type: Exempt (Salary)
Supervisor Position: Yes
Reports to: Director, Supply Chain Planning
Our client company is a global leader in health and beauty and the largest independent cosmetics company in the USA. For over 35 years, they have been at the forefront of cosmetic innovation and behind some of the industry’s most enduring trends. With a focus on nurturing diversity in the beauty industry, they have built a portfolio of brands that champion inclusivity and representation. Leveraging longstanding global retail relationships, Compay’s brands are now available in over 80 countries worldwide, representing the best in product value, cosmetic excellence, and business integrity.
We are searching for an experienced Supply Planning Manager
, which will possess a key role within their Supply Chain Team located in City of Industry, California. The primary focus of the Supply Planning Manager is to develop plans and oversee their implementation/execution to purchase finished goods to effectively balance supply and demand and ultimately ensure optimal fill rates.
- Utilize a rolling inventory forecast model to plan purchase orders and establish safety stock policies for finished goods.
- Work closely with Finance to ensure the purchase plan aligns with budgets, cash flow, and inventory turn objectives.
- Manage relationships with all manufacturers and suppliers and lead weekly calls to ensure that outstanding purchase orders are tracking to on-time delivery.
- Lead S&OP meeting topics surrounding inventory availability and outlook of supply by distributing critical inventory reporting and following through on matters that require attention.
- Primary contact for manufacturers and need to develop and communicate monthly production forecast updates.
- Manage and overview the manufacturing capacity utilization and develop continuous improvement plans for production efficiency and faster lead time.
- Monitor actual production vs. plan on a weekly basis, highlighting shortages in a timely manner and working with Manufacturing on resolutions.
- Conduct weekly analysis of inventory levels to ensure uninterrupted supply.
- Develop strong partnerships with key internal customers including Operations, Customer Service, R&D, Quality, Finance, and Sales.
- Analyze safety stock investment and make recommendations to management.
- Track associated KPIs and provide data and analytics to help drive the business forward.
- Understand key drivers of inventory and seek to reduce overall inventory value while maintaining sufficient supply to support target fill rates.
- Drive culture of analysis and execution taking ownership of identified issues in supply planning to drive quantifiable solutions and positive business results.
- Supervise daily operations of the Supply Planning Team and ensure proper and timely execution of all the corresponding tasks.
- Interview and hire staff as needed and perform and/or oversee staff training and perform annual performance evaluations and progressive discipline (where necessary)
- Lead team members in departmental activities including communicating instructions, training, achieving goals, and quick turnarounds for tasks requested by senior management.
- Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Provide critical thought, give input, and oversee follow through on strategic supply chain initiatives.
- Work closely with the Demand Planning Manager and the Supply Chain Planning Director to achieve optimal inventory levels, and ultimately improve customer service/satisfaction level.
- Work with large amounts of data in fast-paced environment.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Economics, Business, or related fields or equivalent amount of work experience.
- Minimum of two years managing experience strongly preferred.
- APICS certification or in progress preferred.
- Fluency in Mandarin very strongly preferred.
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills and strong leadership capabilities.
- Excellent analytical and planning skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- In-depth knowledge of advanced mathematical and statistical forecasting methodologies.
- Advance understanding of inventory management practices and procedures.
- Experience with ERP and data warehouse tools.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Data driven mindset to identify improvement opportunities and implement sustainable solutions.
- Highly detail oriented with effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through.