As an associate in the Corporate Department, you’ll have the opportunity to work on interesting, challenging, and groundbreaking cases in collaboration with senior attorneys.
- Our Corporate Bond team focuses on finance and incentives transactions.
- The client base is predominately public sector, including local and development authorities with an occasional representation of a city or county.
- Our practice base also includes real estate developers, operating companies(particularly with transactional work), and private lenders and borrowers.
- Our engagements concentrate in economic development or community development, new business locations or expansions (including financing for facilities), infrastructure, public-private partnerships, and layering capital stacks and deal structuring.
- Our finance work includes industrial development revenue bonds (IDBs) with some limited IDB bond issues tax-exempt.
- Other key financial products include project finance, syndicated bank loans, EB-5 immigrant investor capital, and tax credit finance (including New Markets Tax Credits).
- At least 8 years of experience in corporate bond and public finance and/or Georgia specific economic development to join its Commercial Finance Team.
- In-depth experience in most or all of the following areas: municipal and public finance, familiarity with state and local tax law, tax-exempt finance, tax credits & incentives work (both in and outside Georgia),commercial finance, EB-5 (financing, and securities and other regulatory issues), and tax credit finance. Experience in representing issuers, underwriters, nonprofit borrowers and developers is preferred.
- Additional corporate, finance, real estate or related experience outside the bond industry is a plus.
- The ability to manage transactions and be capable of independent responsibility for major documentation and components of large transactions.
- Law firm experience preferred, but a combination of law firm or in-house experience considered.
- Admission to the GA Bar or the ability to waive-in.