Contract Attorney — Public Entity Labor and Employment Practice Group (2+ Years).
Specific skills sought are:
- Knowledge of and experience with public sector employment law, including wage and hour law, employee benefit/PERS issues, and employee discipline/Skelly issues;
- Experience in handling unfair practice proceedings before the Public Employment Relations Board (PERB), including drafting position statements and participating in informal settlement conferences and/or PERB hearings;
- Knowledge of and experience with public sector labor relations, including negotiating collective bargaining agreements, assisting clients in handling employee grievances, and assisting clients on bargaining obligations;
- Experience in handling labor and employment cases for trial and/or arbitration, including direct participation in trials and/or arbitration hearings;
- Participation in workplace investigations, including personally conducting witness interviews, reviewing relevant documents, an drafting investigation reports;
- Ability to interface with clients and convey a level of professionalism and competence on legal and strategic aspects of employment and labor law issues, as described above;
- Excellent writing skills, including law and motion work, written advice and counsel, opinion letters on employment and labor law, and general correspondence; and
- The desired candidate would be a self-starter, with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills.