The goal of this position is to facilitate the efficient, effective and progressive functioning of our property management systems. You will have ultimate responsibility for
the performance of the company, as well as manage, motivate and assist Property
Managers/Assistant Property Managers/Leasing Agents/Maintenance Technicians. You will set
goals, create, and manage schedules of Property Managers/Assistant Property Managers/Leasing
Agents/Maintenance Technicians. You will supervise, support, train, motivate and shape
property management staff to achieve clear empirical goals and build upon existing property
management systems, set up internal control policy and procedure to enhance the level of service
we provide. You will have oversight of portfolio including but not limited to move-in/move out,
delinquencies, collections, evictions, AR, ledgers, etc. Position requires good verbal and written
communication skills and strong personnel management and organizational skills.
• Provide leadership, mentoring, and professional guidance to team members while maintaining
an effective position of authority.
• Project a professional image in all aspects of work performance, such as personal habits,
demeanor, and attire.
• Meet company standards on conduct, attendance, etc.
• Demonstrate good communication and listening skills to help ensure positive communication
both inside and outside the company.
• Hire, train, supervise, develop, and terminate the employment of Property Managers/Assistant
Property Managers/Leasing Agents/Maintenance Technicians, and other team members in
accordance with company policies, KPI and directives.
• Quarterly perform performance evaluations on supervised employees.
• Monitor all new hires, status changes, and terminations for on-site personnel and provide
coaching, feedback, and support as needed.
• Develop and monitor budgets, policies, and procedures to ensure financial solvency for the
• Supervise and coordinate preparation of annual operating and capital budgets. Monitor and
make recommendations on budget performance and prepare summary reports, as necessary.
• Review and approve expenditures within specified budgetary guidelines. Monitor, review,
and/or negotiate contracts and make recommendations, as necessary.
• Partner with Accounting, and Human Resources to meet company and portfolio goals and
• Promote an environment to ensure decisions made by team members are in the best interest of
the company and their clients.
• Be available to respond to employee concerns, operational issues, resident problems, and/or
emergencies, as necessary.
• Stay abreast of outstanding operational and management issues across portfolio. Ensure team
members know property characteristics and regulatory requirements of each property.
• Ensure regular reviews of grounds, buildings and property meets company standards. Develop
and monitor compliance programs as needed.
• Review and understand management agreements and other related documents regarding both
current and future properties.
• Monitor, assist, and make recommendations to improve marketing activities; review
occupancy status and recommend rent schedules.
• Develop and monitor property management forms, reports, and manuals including updates and
• Experience with MS Office applications and property management software (Yardi, AppFolio)
Education and/or Experience Education:
• Bachelor’s degree or job experience may substitute for degree
• Certifications Preferred: ARM, CPM Experience:
• Knowledge of real estate and property management including strong financial analysis skills.
• Five to seven years of experience as a Regional Property Manager or Director of Real Estate, or
equivalent experience in another industry that demonstrates increasing responsibility and