The Paralegal for this position must have four+ years of experience and must demonstrate proficient legal research and writing skills, have an ability to think critically, and read and understand complex legal documents. Must have good proofreading skills, reviewing for accuracy and content. Must have strong organizational and time-management skills, as well as the ability to handle multiple assignments and properly establish priorities. The Paralegal should also possess the ability to work with all levels of staff, the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and have a general knowledge of computers, the Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Power Point, as well as legal research programs, particularly Westlaw.
The right candidate will be able to conduct research on any area of law assigned.
Duties may include, but not be limited to:
1. Preparation of comprehensive legal memorandum.
2. Drafting petitions and pleadings.
3. Reviewing and summarizing medical records.
4. Updating library books and materials.
5. Helping to maintain an inventory of materials for each office.
6. Providing assistance and training to the Law Clerks.
7. Maintaining a log of assignments received.
8. General management of the assigned work
Good benefits package, nice, professional work environment, salary commensurate with experience and skills. The position is in office for the first 60 days and hybrid eligible after. The pay range is 75k-85k based on qualifications and experience.