Aguora Hills - $28 - $33/Hr
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and transcribe legal dictation of status reports, conference summaries, settlement disbursement reports, etc.
- Proofread and correct prepared materials for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, format, syntax, and content.
- Compose routine letters and memoranda using knowledge of work area instructions and guidelines.
- Maintain files, logs, and other information in connection with the work under the control of the assigned attorney.
- Prepare Pre-Trial Conference Statements, settlement documents and Trial exhibits in advance of hearings and depositions as applicable.
- Accurately document and bill for all billable work and tasks according with billing procedures.
- Operate standard office equipment such as copy machines, scanners.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a Legal Secretary in a workers' compensation defense firm required.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Adobe Acrobat, and Dropbox or other shared cloud storage.
- Skilled typing ability (minimum 75 WPM) as well as strong writing, proofreading, spelling, and grammar skills.
- A1- Law Case Management Software, VTransact, and EAMS are a plus.
- Ability to interact effectively with the public, clients, and employees; maintain confidentiality and use discretion and tact; work independently in the absence of specific instruction.