Summary of responsibilities:
The Account Manager manages and maintains the books of various clients assigned; records
transactions within established systems and procedures; helps prepare financial reports and
forecasts; keeps clients financial, personnel and/or personal records; communicates with clients
on a one-on-one basis; and directs and reviews the work of assistants.
• Verify and enter details of transactions as they occur in accounting software.
• Maintain the bills and receipts as a ready reference for any transaction recorded.
• Prepare appropriate schedules and reports as requested.
• Handle daily mail including notices and disbursements.
• Prepare payroll and all payroll tax returns on timely basis.
• Prepare annual information returns such as 1099s, business license, etc.
• Prepare bank reconciliations monthly.
• Research account payable and accounts receivable issues as needed.
• Assist clients in shopping insurance and/or renewals.
• Prepare quarterly earnings reports for various guilds – WGA, DGA, etc.
• Prepare medical/dental insurance submissions and reconciliations.
• Supervise assistants in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Establish assistant goals and conduct performance reviews.
• Responsible for assistant scheduling to include work assignments and training.
• Assist assistant to resolve complex or out-of-policy operation problems.
• Responsible to meet team productivity and quality goals.
• Keep managers and partners informed of important developments on clients.
• Perform other duties as required by daily operations and assigned by management
Education and Experience:
• College coursework in Accounting, through Intermediate Accounting preferred.
• Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
• Ability to operate calculator, computer and other general office equipment.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
• Proficiency in use of accounting software, Word and Excel.
• Works with confidential firm & personnel matters, requires ability to keep matters confidential.
Expected annual billable hours: 1600