Seeking a Tax Supervisor to join our team.
This company is a dynamic and responsive, high-value CPA firm that serves closely held businesses, high net worth clients, trusts and estates, and other clients throughout California and globally.
We hire engaged employees and support our team with hybrid work, a robust benefits package
as well as provide numerous perks including team activities, training, education stipends, and
support for community involvement. Additional benefits include targeted industry compensation,
401(k) and profit-sharing, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term
This is an ideal position for a smart, motivated person who is passionate about delivering
strategic value in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. A focused ability to take charge and
meet tight deadlines will ensure your success in this multi-faceted role.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the tax return process and completion.
• Prepare increasingly complex tax returns.
• Demonstrate a well rounded knowledge of tax laws and return preparation commensurate with
• Proficient at research including reference sources available to the firm.
• Tax Planning for individuals and business entities.
• Continue developing a command of pertinent IRC sections and regulations.
• Initiate client contact for planning and scheduling work.
• Participates actively in client meetings.
• Demonstrate ability to set and manage client expectations.
• Demonstrate self review skills.
• Develop a sense of scope and exercise good judgment.
• Identify opportunities for improved performance in the next engagement.
• Strive to provide a complete work product that is organized, in compliance with work flow
standards, and can be efficiently reviewed by managers and partners.
• Demonstrate solid working knowledge of ProSystem fx Tax, tax planning software and
• Develop basic working knowledge of QuickBooks.
• Establish a habit of accuracy and promptness in preparing administrative reports and of
compliance with the Firm's administrative procedures, i.e. time sheets, expense reports,
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading
professional publications and new regulations.
• Become more involved in marketing efforts for the firm.
• Meet chargeable hour goal as determined by partners (currently 1,650 for full-time staff).
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Licensed CPA, or on path to being licensed.
• BA in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
• Three or more years of tax experience with at least one year of mid-level compliance work.
• Strong knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns.
• Compassionate and supportive interpersonal skills.
• Strong project and client specific skills to assess problems or unusual situations and
quickly create efficient solutions.
• Demonstrates a working knowledge of CCH Products (ProSystemfx Tax, Engagement,
Client Portal, etc.).
Additional Knowledge and Skills:
• Able to prioritize, multi-task, work under pressure and handle interruptions while
maintaining flexibility in work assignments.
• Ability to perform all the duties of the position efficiently and effectively by oneself.
• Good at meeting deadlines and solving problems.
• Comfortable receiving feedback.
• Ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and needs.
• You are highly collaborative and team oriented.
• Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-oriented business.
• You work well with little direction but know when to ask for help and keep your team