We are a mid-sized law firm in Orange County that focuses on Business Planning,
Estate Planning, Complex Income Tax Planning, Charitable Sector and Mergers & Acquisitions.
At our firm, we offer a collaborative work environment with many opportunities for career growth along with a variety of perks and benefits to support and enhance our team’s experience. In addition to health and wellness benefits, our attorneys have the opportunity to receive quarterly bonuses and support from our marketing team.
Trust Administration Attorney Position
We are seeking a highly capable, motivated attorney with experience in trust and estate administration.
: $150,000 - $225,000 (Hybrid)
Responsibilities and Duties Include
- Administer trusts; prepare estate administration documents
- Gather, inventory, identify, and value assets
- Distribution, allocation, and funding of sub-trusts
- Drafting court documents (such as 850 petitions & 17200 petitions)
- Preparation and review of accounts, estate tax returns, and gift tax returns
- Conduct legal research as necessary
- Working with paralegals, legal assistants, and other attorneys
- Engage in direct communications via telephone and e-mail with attorneys, staff, and
- Oversee court matters from the filing of a petition to receiving filed order from the court
- 3+ years of trust and estate administration law experience
- Completed LLM in Taxation preferred
- Completed JD/ Juris Doctorate
- California Bar Admission/ Member in good standing
- Ability to write in a clear, logical, and grammatically correct manner, integrating legal analyses
- into work
- Excellent organization, computer skills, and math skills
- Ability to analyze facts and discovery to apply to statutes and case law on point
- Ability to verbally present case facts, legal analyses, and recommendations
- Ability to work independently or with a team
Applicants will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter. Applicants who are selected for an interview will be asked to provide a writing sample.
- Quarterly bonuses
- PPO medical plan with employer-funded HSA
- 401(k) plan with significant employer matching
- Great working environment
- Orange County Register 2020 and 2021 Top Workplace