This Law firm is a distinguished California law firm that practices consumer rights protection and mass tort litigation. They have successfully represented thousands of clients in cases for automotive lemon law, dealer fraud, personal injury and product liability.
Their on-site staff in our Los Angeles office provides services in nearly a dozen languages to serve a diverse array of consumers all across California. The combination of an all-star team, top experts and a wealth of resources has led to record verdicts, successful client outcomes and industry-leading settlements.
The successful candidate will be a 5+ year attorney, who demonstrates a passion for serving the public interest by advocating on behalf of our clients. Being hardworking, dedicated, and discovery driven are all key factors in success at our Firm. Strong communications skills and a can-do attitude are expected of all of our personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct complicated research projects in the prosecution of our cases.
- Assume responsibilities for trial efforts, typically as second chair or third chair.
- Direct interface with trial counsel, and other specialized outside counsel on behalf of the firm and its clients.
- Draft moving papers, oppositions involving novel and complicated issues.
- Appear at hearing for motions and oppositions.
- Conduct depositions of PMK witnesses, apex employees, mechanical and fraud experts, etc.
- Provide assistance with trial strategy.
- Provide senior level oversight of Attorney II and Attorney I employees, as designated by Supervising Partner.
- Seek out and recommend improvements in the client communication efforts.
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement policies and develop improvements.
- Provide legal support for the coordination of inter- and intra-departmental operations.
- Resolve issues that may arise in a timely manner.
- Timely reporting of hours.
- Assist in other tasks as assigned by the Managing Partner, Partner, and/or Trial Attorney.
- Other duties as they are assigned.
Qualities and Skills
These are needed to successfully perform job duties and responsibilities.
- Minimum 5 years prior proven working experience as an Attorney.
- Minimum J.D., and California Bar license.
- Demonstrable strength in client communication.
- Proficient in MS Office and the use of Attorney timekeeping programs, as well as Client file management.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; both written and verbal.
- Ability in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills.
- Bilingual Spanish is preferred.
- Operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Following multiple years practicing as a Senior Attorney for the firm, and depending upon the attorney’s goals and performance, a Senior Attorney could pursue several different paths including a position as a Trial Attorney.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to general office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Competitive pay and benefits: medical, vision, dental, 401(k)
- Extended and comprehensive training
- Weekly breakfast provided for staff (When Return To Office)
- Monthly birthday celebrations (When Return To Office)
- Fun company culture with an emphasis on teamwork
This LLP is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
This LLP will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.