The Registered Nurse assists physician(s) and physician assistant(s) with patient care in order to maximize physician / PA productivity. Maintains cleanliness and organization of clinic and exam rooms. Assists with stocking room supplies and maintaining clinic logs.
- Excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills.
- Responds positively to constructive criticism and direction from supervisors.
- Able to understand physician’s instructions and know when to seek additional information or advice.
- Demonstrates professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Displays a friendly, cheerful, tactful and polite demeanor, and compassionate caring in dealing with others.
- Compliant with HIPAA and OSHA requirements.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated leadership experience. Must be able to demonstrate leadership by serving as an example to others with regard to professional behavior, handling multiple tasks, maintaining a positive attitude, and in response to organizational change.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with staff, board, clients, and the public.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize appropriately, and work well both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to use time productively and contribute to high levels of company operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Room patients and take history including chief complaint and at least 4 of the following elements: location, duration, symptoms, previous treatment, severity, history of change. Prepares patient for exam. Documents history using company documentation protocols and forms.
- Assists with biopsies including set up for procedure, injection of anesthesia if directed by physician or physician assistant, preparing pathology report data, and explaining biopsy results and recommended treatment to patient.
- Assists with patient treatment under the direction and general supervision of a physician or physician assistant including but not limited to: dressing changes; suture removal; application of Unna Boots; wart assessment and paring; patch testing; and cauterization.
- Assists in general and Mohs Micrographic surgery under the direction of a physician including reviewing consent forms, taking surgical photographs, providing assist during surgery, bandaging patients and providing wound care instructions, and preparing data for operative reports and letters to referring physicians.
- Performs KOH prep, scabies prep, Trichogram and Tzank preps, set up for dermabrasion, and draws up syringes with injectable medications as directed by physician or physician assistant.
- Assists with cleaning, sterilizing, and inventorying medical equipment and instruments.
- Performs telephone triage, medication refill requests, and explaining lab results and treatment recommendations via telephone and in person.
- Performs recording / maintaining patient logs including but not limited to biopsy log and laboratory test log.
- Performs UVB/UVA counseling, pretreatment assessment, and treatment administration under the direction and supervision of a physician, physician assistant, or RN.
- Adherence to compliance and completion of compliance training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Aesthetics background highly preferred
- RN or BSN degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- 1-2 years of recent experience in a medical office in a similar capacity preferred.
- Wisconsin State RN License
- Maintains CPR Certification.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Able to operate standard office equipment.