An established insurance defense litigation firm specializing in catastrophic personal injury cases is seeking highly motivated attorneys with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience for our Monrovia office with ability to commute to surrounding counties for court appearances and depositions. Prior insurance defense experience is required.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, can work independently and function well as part of a legal team. This is a great opportunity for an attorney looking to gain litigation and trial experience.
Duties include court appearances, organize and analyze case information, propounding and responding to written discovery, law and motion drafting, meeting with clients, taking and defending depositions including experts, and all phases of trial preparation. There is also opportunity for first and second-chair trial experience.
T he ideal candidate must:
- Be an active member of the California State Bar in good standing.
- Be able to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Have excellent analytical, writing and research skills.
- Be able to work in a team setting.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Generous bonus program.
- Employer-paid healthcare and dental insurance.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid State Bar annual dues.
- Continuing Legal Education requirements paid.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Cell phone allowance.
- Casual attire.
- Remote work is available.
- The salary range in California for this role is $125,000 -$190,000 and represents the firm's good faith minimum and maximum range for this role at the time of posting. The actual compensation offered to a candidate will be dependent on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, the candidates experience, qualifications and location.