Well established Accounting Firm seeks Senior Staff Accountants to perform external audit functions. Two positions are available. One based in the New York City office, primarily servicing Long Island clients, and the other based in either our New York or New Jersey office with a focus on Manhattan-based clients. The candidates will work alongside managers and partners, and will provide supervision to less experienced staff. The candidates will be provided with mentorship and ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth.
- Interface with client personnel to obtain records and information pertinent to the audit process.
- Gain an understanding of client business operations, procedures, and needs.
- Prepare audit workpapers, and review the workpapers of less experienced staff.
- Prepare client financial statements, and review statements prepared by less experienced staff.
- Assist in the planning of engagements, and in certain cases manage the planning process.
- Prioritize competing work demands, and manage time appropriately.
- Maintain organized and neat work areas so that workpapers and files can be easily reviewed by others.
- Keep colleagues, managers and partners informed of progress and the need to make adjustments to scheduled work.
- Represent the Firm in a positive light by maintaining a professional demeanor, dress, and attitude at all times.
- Follow established procedures, but suggest innovative, progressive ideas where appropriate.
- 3-5 years of audit experience in a public accounting setting required; employee benefit plan and non-profit experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 150 credits, or equivalent academic credentials to qualify for CPA licensure.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite. Experience with Prosystem Engagement and Prosystem Tax a plus.
- CPA strongly preferred
- Flexibility to travel to client locations, including local travel and the possibility of minimal out-of-town travel.
- Regular access to a car and a valid driver’s license.