Irvine, CA, US
- Analyze credit, income and debt to determine program eligibility;
- Must be able to analyze personal and corporate tax returns, self-employment income to include but not be limited to profit and loss statements and balance sheets;
- Sufficient working knowledge of debt ratios and loan-to-values;
- Analyze supporting credit document such as bankruptcy papers, judgment and collection information, divorce papers and child support agreements;
- Issue loan approval with necessary conditions to processor or mortgage broker;
- Call out to loan officer or mortgage broker any Suspense or Declined loans, and discuss alternatives;
- Ensure that safe and sound underwriting guidelines are maintained;
- Adverse Action notifications.
- Work with loan officers, mortgage brokers and support staff to coordinate a timely close;
- Utilize third party vendors to support underwriting decisions (Fraud Guard, Interthinx, Early Check, CAIVRS, LDP/GSA, etc.);
- Responsible for the Final AUS, 1008, LT and/or 1003;
- Responsible for the review and approval of submitted loan conditions;
- Provide income worksheet and adherence to company guidelines and overlays;
- Review and approve all legal documentation (purchase contract if applicable), Title reports and Escrow Instructions.
This position must be able to accommodate to reading documents or instruments, detailed work, problem solving, customer contact, reasoning, math, language, presentations, verbal and written communication, analytical reasoning, stress, multiple concurrent tasks, and constant interruptions. To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful and respectful manner; and reacts well while under pressure. Accepts responsibility for own actions and follows through on commitments;
- Has strong time management, organizational and negotiation skills;
- Customer Service: Responds promptly to customer needs and manages difficult and/or emotional customer situations;
- Team Work: Supports the organization’s goals and values, gives and welcomes feedback and contributes to building a positive team spirit;
- Ethics: Works with integrity, treats people with respect, and inspires the trust of others.
- Has strong Oral and Written Communication skills: Listens and receives clarification; able to read and interpret written information;
- Quality Management: Demonstrates accuracy and is thorough, while monitoring own work to ensure quality; and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment and is able to deal with the frequent changes, delays, and/or unexpected events;
- Dependability: Follows instruction, responds to management direction, keeps commitments, and takes responsibility for own actions;
- Initiative: Takes independent action and looks for and takes advantage of opportunities, and has the ability to set priorities;
- Judgment: Displays a willingness to make timely decisions; while exhibiting sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions and includes appropriate staff in the decision-making process.