We are looking for a well-versed Mechanical Engineer to join our team on the 5-year NASA Facilities Construction, Engineer, and Technical services (FaCETS) III Contract. In this role you will perform field survey of existing systems (HVAC, Plumbing) as well as prepare design documents for heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and plumbing systems for design/design-build projects for a variety of industrial facilities.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated response
- Attend meetings with owners, clients, or architects as needed
- Provide guidance to staff engineers as to the appropriate energy efficient designs to be implemented in various projects
- Review contractor submittals (shop drawings, etc.) to determine conformance with contract documents
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks
- Confer with other engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information
- Research and analyze customer design proposals specification, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
- Research, design, and evaluate mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes to meet requirements, apply knowledge of engineering principles
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems and needs
Please send resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration
- BS in Mechanical Engineering required
- 7+ years of experience in Mechanical/Plumbing design (pertaining to building systems design/design-build). Experience in renovations of older mechanical systems, such as pneumatic, hot deck cold deck and controls a plus.
- Must have at least 2 years clean room environment experience.
- Must have Maryland PE certificate or be able to apply for state reciprocity
- Must be proficient with Revit/AutoCAD MEP, ACAD, Microsoft Office