- Responsible for the training and ongoing support of numerous applications and tools used by company.
- Assists Business System Analyst in the following areas:
- Works with functional business area to build Business Cases for ERP enhanced applications.
- Documents requirement specifications for enhancements, upgrades and remaining Legacy functions according to standard templates. Assists with the documentation of the requirements and procedures.
- Participates in cross-functional team meetings to develop and implement business solutions and optimize operations.
- Conducts impact analysis of ERP products, systems, upgrades and changes for department/functional areas and evaluates systems and business processes.
- Proposes interim work-around and software enhancements.
- Ensures understanding of the business functions and processes needed and documents those processes
- Coordinates gathering and investigation of requirements for Legacy modules as well as information that is entered into Legacy. Participates in developing a strategy to migrate to new ERP or new ERP modules.
- Documents upgrades and enhancements for various sections of the ERP system. This involves using interviews, document analysis, focus groups, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions and standard workflow analysis.
- Maintains specific configuration settings and documentation for all ERP modules.
- Troubleshoots automated system problems and issues encountered by users relating to populating data fields and data reporting. Reviews all Help Tickets related to ERP support team and resolves and/or escalate to proper channel.
- Participates in Change Request process to approve, document, test and certify all changes to the ERP system.
- Reviews, revises, recommends, and documents new business processes, procedures and set ups.
- Responds to questions about ERP and Legacy software integrations.
- Provides functional application support in a 24/7 environment for all custom and package application modules in a production environment and during enhancement and upgrade projects as assigned.
- Performs any other related duties, as may be required by IT Supervisor and or IT Director.
*Full Job Description will be provided on start date of successful candidate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration with MIS concentration
- Familiar with ERP modules including new implementations, upgrades and operations and maintenance.
- Basic knowledge and experience in enterprise accounting
- Experience gathering and documenting system requirements and documenting system.
- Experience with enterprise wide system implementation, integration, interfaces and data conversion.
- Experience conducting quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) testing of software.
- Knowledge of data conversion processes.
- Ability to research and provide feedback on business trends.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under deadline pressures.
- Competent in the use and support of Microsoft Office Suite including word processing and spreadsheet, and project management tools and Visio.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work, with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to interact effectively with internal and external users, peers, and management, to clearly and concisely communicate, to develop good working relationships and use facilitation skills.
- Ability to develop logical detailed test scenarios.
- Ability to provide training.
- Ability to explore and probe for understanding of processes
- Ability to use good judgment in evaluation and decision making.
- Ability to work flexible hours, 24/7.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively in a diverse workforce.
- COMMUNICATION: good written and verbal communication, organized thought processes, polite and respectful of others, adapts presentations to the audience.
- ANALYSIS/PROBLEM SOLVING: thoroughly thinks out and evaluates alternatives, innovative problem resolution, pro-active approach, initiative to resolve problems.
- WORKLOAD MANAGEMENT: works with little direction and supervision, timely completion of projects, makes time for unplanned assignments, adapts to changing priorities.
- ETHICS AND INTEGRITY: perceived fairness; tolerance; honesty; consistent in application of policies and procedures.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- ANALYSIS: evaluates different alternatives and selects or recommends the one that best meets the business and professional need of the situation without regard for personal biases.
- CUSTOMER FOCUS: communicates courteously and proactively, learns customer’s short-and long-term needs, sees issues from customer’s perspective.