Prestigious trial firm looking for a Litigation Paralegal to undertake a variety of paralegal duties. You will work under the supervision of the attorneys and managing paralegal in the litigation department.
· Handle high volume civil litigation cases, including personal injury and business litigation;
· Assist in the preparation and filing of legal documents with state and federal court;
· Assist in drafting pleading, notices, and discovery responses;
· Draft and process incoming and outgoing correspondence;
· Provide administrative assistance to attorneys, including managing calendars/deadlines;
· Schedule, confirm and assist attorneys in preparation for depositions;
· Prepare materials for review by expert witnesses;
· Assist in the preparation for court proceedings (including, but not limited to, assisting with trial preparation and maintaining communication with clients and experts);
· Organize and maintain electronic case files within the company software/case management system.
· Paralegal Certificate and bachelor’s degree or 6+ years of litigation experience;
· Minimum of 4+ years of litigation experience;
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
· Professional and courteous to clients and staff;
· Detail oriented, team player, positive, energetic, kind, well-spoken with excellent customer service skills;
· Perform at a high level fast-pace environment with minimal supervision;
· Skilled with computers and software as well as organized;
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (including Outlook, Word), Adobe Acrobat Pro, and typing speed over 60 WPM;
· Demonstrate good ethics, judgment and maintain the confidentiality of files.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $37.00 per hour