Collateral Underwriting Team Lead
Responsible for overseeing a team of 9 appraisers. Must have knowledge of all functions related to analyzing and evaluating appraisals to meet lending standards & program guidelines. Candidate must possess knowledge of the loan process and knowledge of FNMA/FHMLC, FHA, and VA guidelines. In addition, they should have strong organizational and accuracy skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Review & Underwrite collateral to insure the appraisal meets investor and program criteria.
• Review FNMA CU findings, address appraisal comparable selection, review for marketability and valuation acceptance, confirm appraisal is completed to appraisal standards
• Request and review appraisal revisions, desk reviews, and field reviews
• Review appraisal against title, flood cert, purchase agreement, etc. for accuracy & consistency
• Thorough knowledge of conventional appraisal requirement required. Knowledge & experience with FHA and VA appraisal requirements is a plus.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Job Skills:
• Minimum 5 years mortgage underwriting experience, with preferred Appraisal Underwriting training and experience
• Experience using the FNMA CU tool, Outlook, and Encompass
• Ability to handle high volume levels and meet productivity standards
• Thorough knowledge of Agency/Investor lending guidelines
• Ability to handle confidential material in a professional and ethical manner
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Time management and organization skills to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and achieve production focused goals
• Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain professional relationships
• Ability to work under tight timelines
• Ability to lead a team
• Must be proactive and reliable