JBA International is now hiring a Systems Engineer for a telecommunications company in Torrance, California. We are seeking professionals passionate about technology and looking to take their career to the next level. If you are interested in exploring your passions and can work on challenging and rewarding projects this role is for you!
As a Systems Engineer, you will be provided the opportunity to expand your knowledge outside of our client’s current area of expertise and provide support for the entire data center; cloud based and physical. You will be responsible for helping our clients customers design, build, and maintain systems that support their business operations. You will gain experience and proficiency in managing data center environments to ensure the stability of diverse client infrastructure.
A successful candidate will be self-disciplined, highly motivated to learn new technologies, work well on individual tasks, in a team environment, and be able to work well and communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel in high-stress situations.
You will gain experience maintaining, engineering, and architecting cutting-edge, dynamic solutions and have the opportunity to learn and collaborate with an advanced team of solution architects and pre-sales engineers along with technical delivery architects & engineers. This is a great opportunity to experience professional level certifications with top manufacturing partners and build credibility and strengthen relationships with manufacturer partner teams.
- Provide multi-technology consulting services to clients to analyze and provide strategies and solutions on all aspects of data center systems, infrastructure and related technology components
- Diagnosing and correcting technical problems with Virtual environments up to and including Operating Systems, Hardware, Storage Systems, Disaster Recovery systems, Orchestration, and basic LAN technologies.
- Provision virtual machines as necessary, allocate resources, perform capacity planning, and monitor both network and systems usage
- Document all work actions as required in accordance with standard policies and procedures
- Work with client and third-party technical and service teams to maintain, troubleshoot and remediate technical issues
- Perform basic systems testing and operational tasks for a wide variety of systems
- Support multiple technical systems in 24 x 7 environment operational environments with high uptime requirements. Varied shift schedules may include day, night and weekend hours
Nice to have skills:
- A minimum of five (5) years of full-time experience performing installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and error correction in virtual environments
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or a related field, or equivalent corporate or military training.
- 4+ Years of Experience working with Virtualization Platforms such as VMware and Microsoft HyperV with background in deploying High Availability Clustering in vCenter or SCCM
- Openstack Nova experience ideal but not required.
- Experience working with Storage Appliances such as HPe Nimble, EMC, NetApp and others.
- An Ideal candidate should have experience with Hyper Converged (HCI) environments.
- Active Directory background experience including forest migrations. Powershell scripting for Server 2012/2016 core environments preferred.
- SaaS, PaaS experience with AWS or Azure. P2C,V2C workload migration experience ideal but not required.
- Implement and adopt server security (hardening) best practices.
- Working experience implementing backup solutions such as Veeam, Arcserve and others.
- Experience performing Windows Failover Clustering for roles such as File Server, Storage Replica.
- Experience in F5/Kemp/Netscaler Load balancers ideal.
- Intimate knowledge of complex system and solution architectures
- Working knowledge of general client and server operating systems and back-office applications, including but not limited to the Microsoft Windows Operating System (multiple versions), Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
- Strong communication skills in the English language, with the ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel in high-stress situations. Previous client facing support/experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner on multiple tasks or projects, with excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- High level of professionalism, particularly working with and assisting clients with technical questions and issues.
- Ability to produce and maintain documentation of information security systems using a variety of tools (i.e. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.)
- Must meet all requirements to obtain a Federal Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Advanced knowledge of VMware applications
- Working knowledge of IP internetworking, Storage technologies, operating systems
- Manufacturer certifications for technical knowledge and product-specific skills.
- VMware VCAP or equivalent preferred, VCP or equivalent required
- Current Microsoft (MCSA / MSCE), or EMC certifications are highly desirable but not required
- Certification and/or experience working in an ITIL or IT Service Management environment preferred