We are seeking a qualified Systems Engineer for a permanent and remote role.
What You Bring To The Table
- You will provide multi-technology consulting services to clients to analyze and provide strategies and solutions on all aspects of data center systems, infrastructure and related technology components
- Diagnosing and correcting technical problems with Virtual environments up to and including; Operating Systems, Hardware, Storage Systems, Disaster Recovery systems, Orchestration, and basic LAN technologies.
- Provision virtual machines as necessary, allocate resources, perform capacity planning, and monitor both network and systems usage
- Ability to document all work actions as required by clients in accordance with standard policies and procedures
- Work with clients and third-party technical and service teams to maintain, troubleshoot and remediate technical issues
- Perform basic systems testing and operational tasks for a wide variety of systems
- Support multiple technical systems in 24 x 7 environment operational environments with high uptime requirements. Varied shift schedules may include day, night and weekend hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or a related field, or equivalent corporate or military training.
- A minimum of five (5) years of full-time experience performing installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and error correction in virtual environments
- 4+ Years of Experience working with Virtualization Platforms such as VMware and Microsoft HyperV with background in deploying High Availability Clustering in vCenter or SCCM
- Openstack Nova experience ideal but not required.
- Experience working with Storage Appliances such as HPe Nimble, EMC, NetApp and others.
- An Ideal candidate should have experience with Hyper Converged (HCI) environments.
- Active Directory background experience including forest migrations. Powershell scripting for Server 2012/2016 core environments preferred.
- SaaS, PaaS experience with AWS or Azure. P2C,V2C workload migration experience ideal but not required.
- Implement and adopt server security (hardening) best practices.
- Working experience implementing backup solutions such as Veeam, Arcserve and others.
- Experience performing Windows Failover Clustering for roles such as File Server, Storage Replica.
- Experience in F5/Kemp/Netscaler Load balancers ideal.
- Intimate knowledge of complex system and solution architectures
- Working knowledge of general client and server operating systems and back-office applications, including but not limited to the Microsoft Windows Operating System (multiple versions), Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
- Strong communication skills in the English language, with the ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel in high-stress situations. Previous client facing support/experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner on multiple tasks or projects, with excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- High level of professionalism, particularly working with and assisting clients with technical questions and issues.
- Ability to produce and maintain documentation of information security systems using a variety of tools (i.e. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.)
- Must meet all requirements to obtain a Federal Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration
- Advanced knowledge of VMware applications
- Working knowledge of IP internetworking, Storage technologies, operating systems
- Manufacturer certifications for technical knowledge and product-specific skills.
- VMware VCAP or equivalent preferred, VCP or equivalent required
- Current Microsoft (MCSA / MSCE), or EMC certifications are highly desirable but not required
- Certification and/or experience working in an ITIL or IT Service Management environment preferred