The Receptionist/Office Assistant plays a vital role, as he/she will be the face of the firm both over the phone and in person. As part of the Encino location, this position will also handle various office duties and overflow work as needed.
The Receptionist will:
• Answer phones, screen calls, and direct callers to the appropriate person
• Ensure that voice mails are checked daily and routed accordingly
• Handle all incoming faxes and e-mails and forward them to the appropriate parties in a timely manner
• Process incoming mail to include stamping, sorting, scanning
• Update various spreadsheets as required ensuring accuracy
• Greet all visitors and seat them as needed
• Sign for all incoming packages such as UPS, FedEx, mail
• Prepare labels for outgoing shipments
• Office supply inventory and ordering
• Assist with any issues in the office, working with vendors or other parties
• Data entry, scanning and filing
• Overflow work from other departments
• Other tasks as assigned
Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate for the Receptionist position will be detail oriented, have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and have excellent follow through. In addition, strong communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office software, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel are desired. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred, and prior experience with the use of A1 case management system is a plus. This is a fast paced position interacting with employees at all levels, as well as with clients.
This position is in the Encino office; it cannot be performed remotely. Employees who travel will not be allowed in the office for a period of 10 days post travel.
The Law Firm is an established and growing California workers’ compensation defense firm with multiple offices in California. Named one of the Best Places to Work by the Orange County, Sacramento and Los Angeles Business Journals, Albert and Mackenzie offers a competitive compensation package to include 100% company sponsored employee Medical, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life insurance benefits, a 401k plan, paid time off, and optional voluntary dental plan. We offer excellent work/life balance in a collaborative and casual work environment.
The Receptionist will be exposed to all facets of the organization, establishing a good understanding of the workings of a law firm. They will be interacting directly with Legal Assistants, Attorneys, clients, and support departments to provide exceptional customer service.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• 8 hour shift
• Monday to Friday
follows strong safety protocols that include wearing a mask in all common areas, social distancing, sanitation of shared equipment, and limiting the number of people in an office. PPE is available for all employees in the office.
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
• Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
|Wendy Miranda | Recruiter & Business Development Support Consultant
a: 1192 North Lake Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91104 USA
e: firstname.lastname@example.org | w: www.jba.com
d: (626) 204-6905