|Job Title: Software Engineer II (Full Stack)
||Job Code: 100184
|Reports (Job Title): Software Engineering, Senior Director
Essential Job Duties
- The Software Engineer II will have a solid knowledge of database concepts and software development tools. They will work closely with other Software Engineers, Business Systems Analysts, and business stakeholders to develop and maintain database solutions.
Required Education, Experience, Certification/Licensure
- Accurate and prompt entry of time for all estimated and actual work
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, best practices, and standards.
- Adhere to deadlines.
- Aid in solving complex business problems.
- Assist the project team with comprehensive level-of-effort estimates for all necessary changes and be accountable for completing the estimated work when applicable.
- Collaborate with co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Communicate (and listen) clearly, professionally, politely, and persuasively in all situations; respond well and in a reasonable, timely manner.
- Conforming with all applicable compliance and business standards
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and robust code while using source control to manage code across all environments.
- Design, develop, maintain, and enhance scalable data processes, business reports, ad-hoc reporting, and other data related items.
- Design, document, and build scalable solutions based upon simple to medium complexity requirements.
- Develop and execute test plans to validate code works as expected.
- Develop basic database queries and perform analysis on results.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance data processes, business reports, ad-hoc reporting requests, and other data related items.
- Ensure all work products are documented, stored, and managed according to company standards.
- Ensure open communication flows in all directions.
- Learns and applies a fundamental understanding of key aspects of the business(es) supported.
- Participate in code reviews and quality assurance processes to ensure that the architectures and standards are being followed.
- Perform all work and activities with honesty and integrity.
- Proactively escalate risks.
- Proactively seek, identify, and collaborate on innovative solutions.
- Respond timely to all production support requests.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and debug issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field
Other JOB requirements: Physical, Travel, Driving requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
- Able to collaborate and work in a team environment; practices the principle of team over individual.
- Able to handle competing priorities across own assignments.
- Continually strives to improve products and services.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies.
- Demonstrates appropriate judgment.
- Self-motivated to learn new practices, processes, skills, tools, and knowledge that align with company priorities and/or future opportunities.
- Shows initiative and resourcefulness ("can do" attitude)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Works with a sense of urgency without sacrificing attention to detail.
Must be able to perform the essential job duties. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each workday), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift 10 pounds.