Position: Demand Planning Manager
Job Type: Exempt (Salary)
Supervisor Position: Yes
Reports to: Director, Supply Chain Planning
Our client company is a global leader in health and beauty and the largest independent cosmetics company in the USA. For over 35 years, they have been at the forefront of cosmetic innovation and behind some of the industry’s most enduring trends. With a focus on nurturing diversity in the beauty industry, they have built a portfolio of brands that champion inclusivity and representation. Leveraging longstanding global retail relationships, The company’s brands are now available in over 80 countries worldwide, representing the best in product value, cosmetic excellence, and business integrity.
We are searching for an experienced Demand Planning Manager
, which will possess a key role within the Supply Chain Team located in City of Industry, California. The Demand Planning Manager is a key contributor in supporting the overall efforts to generate an accurate forecast that ultimately is utilized to drive supply needs for customers at the right mix and the right time.
- Establish a deep understanding of the company’s internal forecasting and demand planning processes that drive the overall supply chain.
- Provide overall leadership on the Demand Plan that drives the S&OP process.
- Manage and facilitate the sales forecasting process, demand planning process, and demand review meetings as part of the monthly S&OP.
- Manage demand planning KPIs such as forecast accuracy and share ownership with supply chain partners.
- Develop and implement tools and processes to improve forecast capabilities, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Drive culture of analysis and execution taking ownership of identified issues in demand planning to drive quantifiable solutions and positive business results.
- Manage special projects that drive operational efficiency, speed to market, and risk management.
- Develop effective forecast models based on industry trends, demand patterns, and financial goals of the company.
- Influence leadership by providing detailed ad-hoc analyses as needed to assist in driving the profitability of the business.
- Partner with the business to identify gaps between the demand plan and financial/sales targets and validate all corrective measures/gap closers.
- Partner closely with Sales and Marketing to estimate the lift and effectiveness of various promotional concepts.
- Develop strong partnerships with key internal customers including Operations, Customer Service, R&D, Quality, Finance, and Sales.
- Supervise daily operations of the Demand Planning Team and ensure proper and timely execution of all the corresponding tasks.
- Interview and hire staff as needed and perform and/or oversee staff training and perform annual performance evaluations and progressive discipline (where necessary)
- Lead team members in departmental activities including communicating instructions, training, achieving goals, and quick turnarounds for tasks requested by senior management.
- Tracking and reporting key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Provide critical thought, give input, and oversee follow through on strategic supply chain initiatives.
- Work closely with the Supply Planning Manager and the Supply Chain Planning Director to achieve optimal inventory levels, and ultimately improve customer service/satisfaction level.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Economics, Business, or related fields or equivalent amount of work experience.
- Minimum of two years managing experience strongly preferred.
- APICS certification or in progress preferred.
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills and strong leadership capabilities.
- Excellent analytical and planning skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- In-depth knowledge of advanced mathematical and statistical forecasting methodologies.
- Advance understanding of inventory management practices and procedures.
- Experience with ERP and data warehouse tools.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Data driven mindset to identify improvement opportunities and implement sustainable solutions.
- Highly detail oriented with effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through.