This Lender is hiring a Licensing Specialist!
The Licensing Specialist will report to the Lendors Vendor and Licensing Manager and will be responsible for obtaining and renewing mortgage-related licenses and filing periodic reports on such licenses for The Lender.
- Reviews of branch and individual accounts via NMLS or Consumer Access site to confirm transition request is within corresponding state/states guidelines.
- Ensures new applicants provide correct information according to that state’s specific or general requirements.
- Monitors internal notifications for terminations, residential and branch changes of licensed employees and coordinates with various departments to confirm/prevent SAFE ACT violations.
- Responsible for preventing deactivation by the states of the corporate licenses or individual licenses by providing accurate and complete documentation/information needed to remain active and compliant.
- Communicate with state regulators on licensing requirements to ensure accurate and timely filings.
- Assists Legal and Compliance team in obtaining any documentation required for all corporate filings, including Certificates of Good Standing, Certificates of Authority and Fictitious Name/DBA applications.
- Experience with BytePro or Empower and NMLS preferred
- Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, written and oral communication, organization, multi-tasking, and working in a team atmosphere adhering to strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office software products.
- Understanding of Federal and State licensing and lending laws.
- Experience working on the National Multistate Licensing System (NMLS).
- High School diploma or equivalency degree.
- 3+ years of experience working within mortgage industry preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with high volume data entry.