LOAN OFFICER JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the direction of the Branch and/or Production Manager, originate and set-up of residential mortgage loans within the branch; markets and promotes loan products and services to its client base of Realtors, builders, professional contacts and potential past clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Requirements and Expectations
- Markets and promotes the suite of Assurance residential products.
- Meet and excel to exceed the Company’s minimum production standards on an ongoing basis, by taking complete and accurate loan applications.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Realtors, bank officers, builders, new home sales representatives and other referral sources in order to develop new relationships and retain existing business.
- Monitors overall customer satisfaction with all parties involved on each individual loan from application– to- closing, including but not limited to counseling and pre-qualifying potential home buyers.
- Collects and analyzes information regarding the customer’s income, assets, investments and debts.
- Accurately evaluate the buying, building or refinancing needs of each customer in order to determine which financial products best meets the customer’s needs and financial circumstances.
- Advises the customer regarding the advantages and disadvantages of different loan products.
- Obtains all necessary application and underwriting support documents along with the appropriate fees and lock in information.
- Oversees the loan process by monitoring loan status and ensures conformity with terms.
- Communicates loan status to all interested connected parties.
- Negotiates terms and conditions of loans with customers.
- Stays abreast of trends and developments in the local real estate and competitive markets as well as, changes in rules and regulations pertaining to conventional and government-insured mortgages. Maintains a professional image and adheres to standards consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Appropriate state licenses required.
- A minimum of 12 months loan originator experience required for Loan Originator; minimum of 5 years loan originator experience required for Senior Loan Originator.
- Interacts with regional & corporate departments, as well as realtors, sales agents, builders, appraisers, etc.
- Demonstrated judgment and decision making ability.
- Excellent and effective presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to quickly assess and process large amounts of data and use of appropriate AU software technology.
- Must be active in the community and in those job-related organizations to enhance the network of beneficial contacts.
- Continue to expand knowledge
JBA | Business Development Consultant
a: 1192 North Lake Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91104
e: email@example.com | w: www.jba.com
m: (818) 585-6876