Remote Underwriter Opportunity!
Underwriters wanted on the West Coast or Central Coast if willing to work PST time zone
Pay is flexible starting at $82k/yr plus semi annual bonus of up to $12k
TEXAS is now open for submissions!!
Processors: Pay $60-$70k/yr plus bonus. Will look at Processors to work remote for any of their branches. Most branches are located in California. If the Processor wants to eventually be an Underwriter, there’s a path for them to become Jr. Underwriters pretty quickly.
Underwriters: Pay $85k+ depending on experience
Conventional Front End with 5+yrs experience
Willing to certify for DE Certification and will put that on the offer letter!!
No job hoppers
Maternity or disability leave is okay
Must know Fannie/Freddie Guidelines.
About the company:
We are proud to hold ourselves as one of the most respected lenders in the mortgage industry for nearly 30 years. Our business philosophy holds true that all consumers deserve access to credit, where “our customers are our business” is the cornerstone for excellence.
Our company isn't just about mortgages and home lending – we are about people, and building lasting customer relationships.
We understand that the lending process can be intimidating, that’s why we ensure that all of our employees hold to the highest level of client satisfaction. We pride ourselves on integrity, knowledge and state of the art technology all in an effort to provide our customers with excellent customer service and the best rates possible.
Title Corporate Underwriter
Department(s) Corporate Underwriting
Reports to Corporate Underwriting Manager
Underwrite various types of mortgage loans per established company and investor guidelines.
Essential job functions
1. Underwrite a full range of mortgage loans including Conventional, Conventional, FHA and VA
2. Meet established underwriting turn times and underwrite a minimum of 35-40 loans per month while maintaining quality standards
3. Ensure that loans meet Agency and investor standards
4. Provide excellent customer service to the branches by fielding telephone and e-mail questions on loan programs and underwriting guidelines
5. Complete other tasks as requested by department manage
High School Diploma/GED, 3-5 years minimum of mortgage underwriting experience in a retail, wholesale or correspondent lending environment. Active Government designation preferred, but not required.
1. Good oral and written communication skills
2. Multi task-fast paced environment
3. Excellent organizational skills
4. Proficiency with automated underwriting systems such as Desktop Underwriter and Loan Prospector
5. Functional knowledge of state and federal agency mortgage loan guidelines and regulations
6. Organized, highly detailed, with the ability to effectively prioritize workload and meet deadlines