Mid-sized accounting firm looking for an IT Assistant to assist and bolster our IT Manager with basic desktop computer help services, in addition to general administrative tasks. This is a position that will require you to work in the office. We are looking for a candidate with an understanding of basic computer, printer and network hardware that also has basic networking skills.
Specific duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Supporting the office staff with general desktop computer support and assistance:
- Troubleshooting and repairing printers and desktop scanners.
- Keeping the office printers “topped up” with paper.
- Configuring workstations/laptops and training staff on their use.
- Assisting the IT Manager, staff and clients with peripheral accounting/tax related requests:
- Uploading documents to client portals.
- Walking clients through the “Docusign.com” process.
- E-filing tax returns etc.
- Note: Accounting/tax return knowledge is helpful, but not necessary. We will train the candidate on the necessary information regarding accounting/tax jargon and procedures.
- Restoring and backing up Intuit QuickBooks files for staff and clients. *QuickBooks experience is a plus, but not necessary.
- Any other additional duties or tasks as specified by the IT Manager.
- This position requires daily interaction with accounting staff and sporadic interaction with clients; strong and clear communication skills are required.
- General support for the Admin Department in administrative duties (filing, data entry, errands etc).