JOB DESCRIPTION – ESCROW OFFICER
A busy, high-profile title company seeks a Sr. Escrow Officer or Escrow Officer with equivalent experience.
- Five plus (5+) years recent experience working as an escrow officer
- Proven experience with closing transactions
- Seven plus (7+) years recent experience balancing closing disclosures/settlement statements
- Experience with Impact or other cloud-based title production software
- Closing knowledge, experience and interpersonal skills necessary to be a valued resource to internal teams, lenders, real estate agents, surveyors, customers and vendors to accomplish a closed transaction in a timely, efficient and error-free manner. Managing the expectations of our internal and external customers through the process is vital.
Escrow Officers are responsible to open and close escrow transactions. These transactions can be of the following types:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- real estate transactions
- subdivision sales
Additional Job Requirements
- Open escrows within 24 hours and make sure customers receive a copy the same day as complete.
- Process each escrow with a high degree of quality.
- Orders all necessary documents in order to close each escrow in a timely manner, example, demands, loan docs, insurance, etc.
- Maintains a record of communication with all partners involved in each escrow.
- Follows Company and State guidelines in conjunction with the laws of the State of Arizona.
- Must adhere to company policies and guidelines. Example: good attendance, grooming, attitude and teamwork.
- Directs the escrow assistant to do all the required performance standards very similar to the escrow officer’s job.
- Close each escrow as stipulated by the parties thereof and balance each escrow in order to keep the company from any challenges or losses.
- Each officer to minimize and be responsible for recovery of losses.
- Informs management whenever there will be a problem with any particular escrow, required to do this before the problem occurs.
- Deposit any funds required by buyers and sellers of each escrow.
- Asks for escrow business at any given opportunity.
- Works with management and sales to increase business.
Essential Job Functions
- Be a notary public
- Must have computer knowledge
- Must have car insurance coverage to travel for company-related matters
- Bending, sitting, squatting, simple grasping
- Heavy phone work
- Repetitive motion (keyboard)