This residential mortgage lender, is owned by an Investment Trust, a publicly traded REIT, and other funds under management, a privately-held investment advisor with approximately $33B of assets under management. This Lender, is a full service, national lender that is an approved Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Ginnie Mae seller / servicer. With a strong non-QM product set as a result of its relationship with certain parties and a seasoned management team, the company is planning for substantial growth.
The Company is seeking a Loan Processor. The position will report to the Vice President of Origination Operations and be responsible for processing loans submitted by wholesale brokers and consumers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS)
- Process loans submitted by brokers and/or consumers.
- If assigned as Loan Processor for certain broker accounts, create and foster good working relationships with Brokers for whom you are assigned by training them on Company policy and procedures and answering inquiries/addressing issues.
- Review all documentation provided by the broker and/or consumer for sufficiency to meet underwriting guidelines and loan product requirements. (i.e., VOE's, VOD's credit report, Letter of Explanation, etc.).
- Collect and input customer, property and other information required to originate the loan into the Loan Origination System in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work closely with underwriters to understand conditions and explain to the broker and/or consumer. Anticipate underwriter conditions to the extent possible.
- Review closings costs with broker and/or consumer and coordinate closing with Company Closers.
- Manage multiple loan files and cases to ensure each loan closes in a timely manner.
- Ensure that loans meet regulatory and underwriting guideline compliance.
- Maintain working knowledge of loan programs and applicable guidelines.
- Provide exceptional customer service to customers, operations staff and all third parties throughout the entire loan process.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned by your manager and/or senior management.
- High School diploma/GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college preferred
- Proven success working in fast-paced, high volume environments
- 5+ years of mortgage processing and/or closing, with preference for wholesale account experience
- Proven relationship management experience
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Precise attention to detail
- Professional demeanor
- High level of integrity
- Team-player with selfless attitude
- 401K - Up to 4 % Match. 1st of the month after 60 days
- PTO - 13 Days
- 8 Holidays