Nationally recognized bank is seeking a Security Engineer is to evaluate, design, engineer, and facilitate testing and deployment of the bank’s Information Security infrastructure. This role also provides Incident Response capabilities as needed. The Security Engineer works with the team and vendors to design, install, update and maintain Information Security systems and applications to ensure the optimal function of the Information Security Infrastructure.
- Independently design, develop, test, and implement effective security solutions.
- Proactively evaluate and recommend new security technologies that can enhance company security.
- Support Incident Response and investigation activities as required by management.
- Participate in team discussions to formulate new or enhance existing security policies, processes, and standards.
- Conduct compliance assessments of company's technologies against industry best practices and provide recommendations.
- Monitor & test the effectiveness of internal security systems including anti-virus, event log collection and correlation, network access control, web and email filtering systems, and IDS\IPS components.
- Monitor & review firewall and perimeter IDS\IPS rules and configuration. Respond to security breaches and network emergencies as necessary.
- Monitor and test compliance with department policies and procedures.
- Interact with vendors to ensure department and company objective are met.
- Implement projects as assigned.
- Maintain current knowledge of disaster recovery plans and executables.
- Document all support and maintenance activities as required.
- Diligently and consistently follow department & organization policies and procedures
Please email resumes directly to email@example.com for immediate consideration
- College Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of security related experience in a corporate network environment.
- Possess one or more Security certifications in an information security field. Preferred certifications are CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, CCNA +Security.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows Server, Windows Workstation and Cisco IOS and Firewalls.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of anti-virus and patch management systems, solutions and best practices.
- Experience working in an audited and regulated industry.
- Hands-on technical knowledge of routers, switches, firewalls & intrusion detection\prevention systems.
- Strong understanding of data encryption standards, solutions and best practices.
- Strong understanding and experience with LAN & WAN technologies including design and implementation.
- Strong understanding of Internet standards and protocols including TCP\IP.
- Strong understanding of data privacy practices and laws.
- Able to conduct in depth research into security issues and products as required.
- Proven hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills. Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Ability to work after hours and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to lift and transport moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.