As an Assurance Senior, you will be primarily responsible for coordinating and conducting the field work on audit assignments and for planning, directing and completing the audit assignment. You will be responsible for in-the-field training of Assurance Staff, assigning tasks, setting time budgets, and overseeing Assurance Staff.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional standards and the importance of regulatory responsibilities. Ability to apply all areas of GAAP and GAAS, as necessary, and to research technical issues that arise during the course of audit engagements and reach sound conclusions
- Preparing accurate and complete work paper documentation with minimal need for management intervention and corrections, including validating and testing substantive support and analytical reviews of account balances
- Ability to oversee staff on pre-audit planning and field work for engagements, including risk assessment, preparation of audit programs and the evaluation and testing of internal controls and the client’s operating procedures, preparation of audit programs
- Manage the client and assigned Assurance Staff to accommodate deadlines within budgeted timeframes
- Prepare all necessary financial statements and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Provide timely, high quality, client service that meets or exceeds client expectations
- Develop an understanding of client’s business
- Keep lines of communication open with staff, superiors, and clients. Serve as a first point of contact for basic client questions.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments and ensure professional development through ongoing education. Provide formal and informal training presentations to Assurance department personnel.
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalating problems to Managers and Partners as they arise
- An Assurance Senior will also be involved in overseeing staff and in-charging reviews, compilations and agreed-upon procedure engagements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- 2-5 years of prior experience in public accounting environment
- Understanding of audit services with knowledge of FASB regulations, GAAS, and GAAP
- CPA certification preferred or demonstrated progress toward obtaining certification and actively pursuing completion of the exams required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis upon hire
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, especially Excel)
- QuickBooks and ProSystems experience is a plus
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently and coordinating priorities with the help of more senior team members
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy
- Positive attitude and excitement to learn
- Ability to travel to client locations, which may include occasional overnight stays
- Ability to work overtime, as needed
- Outstanding organization and project management skills with an ability to juggle multiple projects concurrently
- Highly motivated and takes initiative for professional growth and development. Build relationships with existing clients and be involved in networking and business development activities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Please send resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration