- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Our client who is the Best Choice Employer in the utility construction and network installation business, is hiring a CAD Drafter within the Professional Services Group to support projects in our Brea, CA office. Under general supervision, this position creates underground construction drawings for utility installations.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Our client is about strong values and a commitment to providing our Customers with Service Excellence. Increasing productivity, being Accident Free and developing our Teammates.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, base-mapping, GIS and layering, fundamental knowledge of Outside Plant, running line, conduit and cable design for copper, fiber optics, coax, manholes, hand holes, Make-Ready Engineering and poles (aerial and underground).
- A thorough understanding/ experience in the Outside Plant telecom industry, public right-of-way, private easements, existing utilities such as water, sewer, electric, gas, and other underground and aerial utilities.
- Knowledgeable in city, county, state and local municipalities encroachment permits, Traffic Control and specialty permits (e.g., UPRR, Caltrans, etc.), easement right away and various environmental permits are highly desired.
- Must be able to interact with the local municipalities, Telecom engineers and construction/maintenance forces to acquire OSP Records, ICGS, Assessor Maps, map info, AIS and Construction Prints.
- Site surveys, translating field notes to develop and update conduit/ cable engineering design drawings in AutoCAD.
Experience reading parcel maps, utility prints and as-builts..
Experience reading permits and setting up traffic control.
Minimum of two years of related experience.
Our client will provide on-the-job training.
401(k) Retirement Savings Program
Paid Leave Benefits
Teammate Assistance Program
For immediate consideration please send resume to - email@example.com