Well established Specialty Wholesale Insurance Brokerage Company is seeking a Staff Accountant for their West Los Angeles office location. Ideal candidate will augment and support current accounting workflows so that company can improve Account Receivables and Payables, as well as increase cross-departmental efficiencies. The Staff Accountant will be involved in an accounting systems migration aimed to update and improve how company handles finances both internally and with all clients, companies and vendors. Success will be measured through the reduction of Account Receivables, timeliness of Account Payables and efficiency in workflows across departments.
- Prepare, post and manage Account Receivables and Account Payables on a timely basis.
- Assist Chief Financial Officer and Agency Accountant in all functions, including photocopies, filing, scanning and miscellaneous projects.
- Bank deposits.
- Set up of accounting files, vendors, etc.
- Assist in daily accounting service activity.
- Address email quickly and efficiently
- Be reliable, timely in responses and responsibility for handling confidential materials
- Relieves front desk/switchboard for breaks and lunch and sick day(s) when necessary.
- At least one (1) year experience in Accounting/Bookkeeping field preferred
- Minimum AA/AS degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, especially in Excel and high aptitude to learn and adapt to new software
- Self-motivating self-starter who is analytical and insightful with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Possesses a supportive and responsive manner with customers
- Adept multi-tasker with time management skills in a complex working environment that requires accuracy and
Please email resumes directly to email@example.com for immediate consideration