Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Campbell CA (95008)
Our client who is a very prestigious Tax and accounting firm is currently seeking a Tax Senior to join their Tax Department in the Campbell office.
Our client is one of 50 largest CPA firms in the U.S. and one of the 7 largest and fastest growing public accounting and consulting firms in California. They are looking for a Tax Senior to play a key role in their continued success. The firm places a high value on teamwork, accountability and the ability to execute.
Tax Senior Associate responsibilities:
- Prepare & review tax returns for pass-through entities and high-net-worth individuals
- Assure compliance with federal, state and local tax laws and regulations
- Conduct research and planning to resolve client issues according to applicable tax laws and regulations
- Minimize tax liability through sound and informed application of laws and regulations
- Provide assistance during tax audits
- Respond to notices from tax authorities
- Direct client contact involving income tax matters, transactional consulting, tax research, and compliance.
- Ability to anticipate client questions and is prepared to respond with practical solutions that can be implemented
- Advise, guide, coach and provide encouragement to team members
- Assign work to preparers and follow up on their progress
- Complete assigned projects in a timely manner and keep supervisors apprised of job status
Requirements for the position:
- Two years or more experience in public accounting
- Private industry experience is welcome
- Significant experience with pass-through entities as well as high-net-worth individuals
- Experience supervising and developing team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other degree and coursework that is qualified for taking the CPA examination
- Licensed CPA or currently pursuing CPA licensure
- Tech savvy with a strong working knowledge of tax-related technology, including the use of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Go-Systems and RIA Checkpoint are a plus
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Thrives in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Wants to be a valuable contributor to the organization
Our client has an excellent benefits package including top-tier market salaries, bonus program, Firm paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401 (K) plan and employer match, short-term and long-term disability, paid personal time off, continuing education, CPA licensing support, and other benefits.
For immediate consideration please send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org