Position: Paralegal (with trial prep and Discovery experience)
Location: Century City, CA
Contract to Hire
Candidates must have strong experience with Trial Prep and Discovery.
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your hourly rate and availability date for immediate consideration.
Highly recognized Person Injury firm is searching for Paralegal that will be working alongside the Attorney during all phases of the litigation process, from the initiation of a case to the discovery period, trial preparation, trial, and post-trial findings and appeals.
- Propound and responds timely to discovery.
- Prepares witness and materials for deposition.
- Prepares Petition to Approve Compromise of Pending Action of a Minor/Person with Disability.
- Retains expert witnesses and prepares for expert designation.
- Prepares subpoenas.
- Prepares for trials as required including jury instructions, organizing and preparing exhibits and lists, witness lists, trial subpoenas, On-call Agreements, trial and exhibit binders, and other supporting documents; coordinate trial set-up and logistics; assist in the preparation of witness testimony and serve as liaison between trial attorneys and in-house staff.
- Prepares medical binders; organize bills and prepares “Howell” chart.
- Reviews and orders medical records and bills.
- Prepares Memorandum of Cost.
- Schedules appointments between clients and experts.
- Provides experts with case materials. - Prepares “Key Documents” binder.
- Provide defense counsel with expert file no later than 3-days prior to deposition.
Skills and Abilities
- Must possess key competencies in research, critical and analytical thinking, and information monitoring.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with others in a professional and objective manner, in both oral and written form.
- Must be able to effectively respond to co-workers, management, clients, and vendors and provide feedback in a timely manner.
- Must be proactive and assertive with effective decision-making skills and abilities.
- Must be highly organized and able to successfully multi-task utilizing effective time management skills.
- Must be dependable and able to work scheduled shift on time.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency to respond to inquiries timely and professionally.
- Must possess effective and active listening abilities.
- Is comfortable with change. - Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Must have high attention to detail along with a high level of accuracy.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software and ProLaw.
- Must be able to behave professionally at all times while exercising very high levels of confidentiality and discretion.
Education: A.A. degree in Paralegal Studies, or higher
Experience: Minimum 3+ years’ Paralegal experience in Personal Injury law litigation
Certification: Paralegal Studies Certificate approved by the American Bar Association
Client Services Manager
JBA International, LLC
1192 N. Lake Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91104