JOB SUMMARY: Top ranked law firm seeks associate to join trust and estate litigation team. The associate will enjoy substantial mentoring and training, opportunities to draft and defend motions at oral arguments, and to gain practical trial experience commensurate with the candidate’s skills and ability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: See essential job functions listed below.
· Conduct all matters in an ethical fashion in accordance with the law and in the interest of the client.
· Perform legal research, and prepare legal memoranda in order to effectively advise clients on a range of topics and areas of focus within the scope of litigation.
· Maintain updated knowledge, and continued learning, in the area of litigation such as the rules and procedures of court, civil procedure before and during trial, discovery rules, best practices for client management, standards of motion practice, witness preparation and examination, case management, mediation dynamics, and conducting trials.
· Develop strategies and arguments to resolve cases favorably and cost-effectively for all assigned clients.
· Ensure thorough execution of drafting and reviewing documents as it pertains to assigned cases and projects.
· Ensure preparation of legal documents, such as contracts, depositions, pleadings, etc. in a timely manner and that all case/business related materials (records, letters, legal documents, case files, correspondence, financial reports, invoices, etc.) are effectively managed for efficient and high-value client service and case outcomes.
· Maintain effective coordination with opposing counsel and other involved parties as needed.
Demonstrate our core values of “Integrity, Hard Work, Excellence, and Team” and participate in cross-departmental and organizational planning and volunteer efforts as needed.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: See job qualifications listed below.
Minimum of 4 years of law practice or related experience.
Juris Doctorate and California Bar Accreditation required.
Experience in, and knowledge of, litigation.
Knowledge of trust and estate law preferred but not required.
Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage other team members, delegate effectively, problem-solve, prioritize work, manage time, and organize tasks effectively.
Proficient communication skills (written and verbal) with ability to effectively research, read, interpret, and organize information with accuracy and consistency.
Ability to remain focused and professional.
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all organizational levels within a diverse and fast paced environment.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams) and Adobe Acrobat.
WORKING CONDITIONS, HOURS OF WORK, AND TRAVEL: This role operates in a professional office environment with use of standard office equipment (e.g., computers, internet, phones, filing cabinets). All employees are expected to perform duties that regularly require them to speak, hear, stand, walk, use hands, sit for long periods of time, focus on a computer screen for multiple hours at a time, carry up to 30 pounds, and other reasonable functions. This is a full-time position with standard hours of work being Monday through Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM with occasional evening and weekend work required as business needs and job duties demand. A reliable means of travel/transportation to and from company office(s) is expected. Occasionally, out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $125,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
The firm is in alignment with all city, county, and state COVID-19 regulations.
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: In person