Summary of Responsibilities:
Bookkeeper / Account Manager is responsible for responding to the needs of clients and their representatives regarding personal and business financial and accounting matters. Includes full charge bookkeeping functions, accounts payable and receivable, payroll and funds transfers for individuals and corporations.
• Proficiently process A/P, cash receipts and recording of journal entries and cash disbursements
• Reconcile bank and broker statements.
• Data entry and coding of all financial transactions
• Preparation and delivery of monthly financial statements
• Generate reports and packages for tax preparation.
• Process payroll and reconcile annual and quarterly payroll reports.
• Track and record client’s staff sick and vacation time
• Process and prepare annual 1099’s and 1042’s.
• Efficiently assist clients and client’s representatives as needed with issues related to personal or business transactions, billing, petty cash, payroll, and miscellaneous issues as they arise.
• Daily interaction and effective communication with staff members
• Prioritizing task and understanding what is urgent.
• Guild reporting
• Liaison with medical insurance department to verify they have all necessary information.
• Other special projects as assigned.
• QuickBooks Desktop and Online experience necessary; familiar with QuickBooks Payroll online and desktop a plus
• Knowledge of filing requirements for Payroll, Sales Tax, and other government filings
• Oversee, manage, and train assistant daily.
• Excellent organizational skills and neatness of work performed.
• Able to prioritize workflow and perform job responsibilities with little or no supervision.
• Must be a collaborator.
• Able to multi- task, responsible for multiple clients
• Exhibit professionalism and have excellent communication skills including working directly and effectively with clients.
• Have some knowledge of income tax returns for Corporations, Partnerships, and Individuals
• Education – High School Diploma or some college
• Proficiency with accounting software such as Agilink or QuickBooks
• Proficiency with Excel and Word
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Personable, positive, and enthusiastic attitude
• Proficient in overseeing multiple projects and meeting strict deadlines.
• Be able to work with a variety of personalities.
Expected Annual Billable Hours: 1600
Safety hazards of job: Minimal hazards. General office working conditions.