Title: Assistant account managers
Department: Business Management
Classification: Full time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Account Managers and Department Manager
Summary of responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting the account manager(s) in handling all the accounting activities to include accounts payable and receivable, payroll, general ledger, account reconciliations and additional duties as assigned.
- Assist in verifying and entering details of transactions as they occur in accounting software.
- Assist in maintaining the bills and receipts as a ready reference for any transaction recorded.
- Assist in preparing appropriate schedules and reports as requested.
- Assist in preparing and recording payroll.
- Assist in preparing annual information returns such as 1099’s, business license, etc.
- Prepare bank reconciliations monthly.
- Research account payable and accounts receivable issues as needed.
- Prepare quarterly earnings reports for various guilds – WGA, DGA, etc.
- Prepare medical/dental insurance submissions and reconcile with explanation of benefits.
- Communicate with Account Managers and Department Manager daily workload and schedule.
- Perform a wide variety of clerical and administrative duties as required by daily operations and assigned by management
Education and experience:
- Minimum of a high school education with emphasis on business math, bookkeeping & accounting.
- Ability to operate calculator, computer, and other general office equipment.
- Ability to professionally communicate verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency w/ Microsoft Office365.
- Comfortable with accounting software or comfortable learning accounting software
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Works with confidential firm & personnel matters, requires ability to keep matters confidential.
Expected annual billable hours: 1600