We are looking for an intelligent, self-motivated individual who has the desire to take on a challenging, yet rewarding career opportunity in accounting. Interested in helping people through your knowledge and expertise? If you enjoy problem solving and have great communication skills, we want to talk to you about a possible career opportunity as a Tax Consultant.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of basic individual, partnership and corporate returns for clients in various industries
- Build strong team relationship skills and work as an effective team member to complete project components and assignment tasks
- Meet with clients (virtually and at the office)
- Provide support to clients in the case of an IRS audit
- Assess and research difficult tax issues to identify solutions.
- Manage and maintain the company’s tax database.
- Determine tax savings and recommend strategies to improve profits.
- Ensure you comply with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Offer support and guidance during audits.
- Evaluate tax regulations and suggest policies that diminish tax burden.
- Keep track of industry trends and changes related to taxes.
- Prepare accurate quarterly and annual tax reports.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or relevant field
- Must be an Enrolled Agent with a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a tax Consultant or similar role.
- Good understanding of MS Office and Accounting Software
- In-depth knowledge of Accounting and bookkeeping processes
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management skills
- Bilingual communication skills (preferred, but not required)
- Able to work overtime during busy season