Well established Mortgage Lender is seeking a Controller for their Corporate Office location in Los Angeles.
This role will oversee all accounting operations, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements. The Controller will lead the accounting team to ensure timely and efficient coordination of the finance, accounting, and budgeting activities. This position is a key member of senior leadership and will report directly to the company’s owners.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, financial reports, budgets, forecasts, and special analyses to help guide business decisions
- Communicate directly with the investors, auditors, tax consultants and banking representatives
- Support the month-end and year-end closing processes
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate accounting staff
- Candidates must be able to work onsite and will have experience with Loan Vision.
Please send resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration
- Experience in mortgage servicing industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in accounting function; CPA helpful
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Demonstrate success in a managerial/supervisory role