Financial Analyst - Greater Los Angeles area/Hybrid/Flexible work schedule
Financial Planning & Analysis is an integral part of the decision making process at our clients highly successful manufacturing business. We are searching for an experienced, driven and detail oriented professional to support the mission of the FP&A team and help shape its future impact. The position will report to the Senior Director of FP&A and is based in the City of Industry, California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Mastery of the key drivers, variables and systems supporting the annual operating plan (AOP)
- Prepares supporting reports that assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, and procedures relating to the financial performance of the company
- Develop budgets and reports for estimated future revenue, gross margins, fixed overhead, capital expenditures, etc.
- Develop target spend levels by key customer, track actual spend, anticipate and explain any variances
- Provide departmental level reporting against the AOP and anticipate, explain, and resolve (if appropriate) any variances
- Prepare, review, and distribute the daily shipment and open order report
- Responsibility the integrity of the FP&A forecasting model
- Monthly analyze revenues and expenses to ensure appropriate classification within accounts
- Recommend reporting and practices to automate activities and maximize efficiency
- Responsibility to forecast and routinely post accruals related to returns and allowances
- Actively and professionally interact with stakeholders
- Perform other assigned projects and functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics required – MBA preferred
- 5-7 years progressive FP&A experience in a fast paced, high growth environment – ideally in a Sales/Marketing or Manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience with publicly held companies
- Previous experience with financial reporting in a corporate and multinational environment
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required – pivot tables, modeling, macros, etc.
- Experience with AS400 MAPICS and Spreadsheet Server is a plus
- Self-starter, independent, motivated, organized, detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills