AVP/Compliance Manager - Remote or Stamford, CT
Our client is a mortgage banker licensed in 33 states with offices in NY, NJ, CA, MA, MI and FL. Founded in 1996, the company is headquartered in Stamford, CT. They are an innovative, growing and diverse company looking for dedicated professionals to join our team. If you feel the position below is right for you, please apply.
The AVP/Compliance is responsible for facilitating lending compliance solutions across the company’s operational systems to enhance origination integrity while improving workflow efficiencies, quality, accuracy and uniformity of residential mortgage lending products and services. This role must have deep subject matter expertise in all federal and state mortgage lending laws This role supervises Compliance and QC teams and reports to the VP/Legal Affairs & Compliance.
- Assist VP/Legal Affairs & Compliance with the implementation of the Compliance Management System, by working with Senior Managers, Operations staff, Loan Originators and the IT Department;
- Manage QC team, implement and test corrective actions related to internal and external audits;
- Manage Compliance team (general compliance loan reviews and HMDA reviews);
- Review, design and implement compliance policies and procedures;
- HMDA review and reporting;
- Oversee Fair Lending risk assessments, monitoring and testing;
- Manage process of responding to external audits/examinations and respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies;
- Monitor emerging compliance issues/trends;
- NMLS Quarterly Call Report filings;
- Assist Training Manager with developing and implementing employee training and communications related to compliance issues;
- Attend Executive Committee meetings;
- Perform other duties as assigned;
⮚ AML Committee
⮚ Fair Lending Committee
Our client believes their employees are their greatest asset and along with the healthcare benefits and 401(k) match, they also offer, if you work onsite
- JD from ABA approved law school, a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience required.
- Minimum eight to ten years of progressive experience.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, research, presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently, take initiative and perform effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Supervisory/management experience required.
- Extensive experience with current mortgage related laws and regulations (e.g., TILA, RESPA, TRID, ECOA, FCRA, HMDA, HOEPA,).
- Mortgage Loan Quality Control experience.
- Experience with various loan products such as agency, jumbo and non-QM.
- Experience with Encompass loan origination system strongly desired.
- Robust data driven skills with ability to analyze and report to management monthly.
- Excellent organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel).
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan Accounts
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Free in building underground parking
- Casual Dress Code