Immediate need for Real Estate Paralegal! Apply today and work remote!
The Real Estate Paralegal will provide organizational and practice specific assistance to attorneys in the Real Estate Department in all stages of real estate transactions from pre- to post-closing duties. The ability to think strategically and take ownership of projects, strong organization skills and attention to detail are essential. This candidate must be able to multi-task and prioritize as well as strong client service orientation. This role requires working well in a team environment as well as independently.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in drafting, managing and organizing various documents related to real estate transactions, including escrow instructions, entity formations, UCC searches, local transfer requirements and due diligence.
- Independently handles title and survey review, including the preparation of title and survey summaries, and negotiation and coordination of title policies and surveys with title companies, surveyors, and zoning report providers.
- Utilizes, creates or establishes procedures to manage large, complex transactions; attends closings and manages closing room; coordinates workflow and manages and controls execution of closing documents; tracks, obtains and organizes pre- and post-closing documents to assure performance of obligations.
- Drafts closing documents including, but not limited to, basic agreements and third party consents; compiles information and prepares schedules and exhibits to agreements.
- Assists with post-closing matters including, but not limited to, mailings, closing binders and transfer agreements.
- Manages the preparation and filing of various documents, including amendments and closing documents, as well as preparation of opinions for partner approval.
- Maintains timely and accurate timekeeping records.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to communicate professionally (verbally and in writing (including via electronic mail)) and interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including management staff and support staff.
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter who understands the details within a much larger context.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, reliability and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Excellent client service skills and ability to work on multiple matters simultaneously in an organized manner and under minimal supervision.
- Flexibility and able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands.
- Ability to work overtime on an as-needed basis.
- Requires manual dexterity and physical mobility, including the ability to move frequently (several times an hour) from work station or desk to work independently or with team to organize documents/binders and retrieve files stored in vertical cabinets throughout the work area.
- Position requires ability to move from the work station or desk several times throughout the day and go to various offices to retrieve documents and meet with attorneys, and receive instructions.
- Position also requires the ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of real estate paralegal experience within a law firm with demonstrated knowledge of complex issues within real estate practice area.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution preferred.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA certified paralegal program preferred.
Proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, Adobe/Acrobat, Excel and Outlook required