Established CPA and consulting firm looking for an experienced, sharp-minded, and personable accountant to join our Accounting Services team. Our clients include corporations, partnerships, individuals, trusts and small to large size businesses with needs for comprehensive services such as consulting, accounting, and tax compliance. We are looking for someone who is willing to provide outstanding services for our clients. The ideal candidate is someone who is a motivated self-starter, team player, excellent communicator, organized, responsive and can multi-task, meet both internal and external deadlines and expectations and produce results in a fast-paced environment. .
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Review and verify invoices, record bills for payment, issue checks/payments. Reconcile Accounts Payable.
- Maintain vendor (AP) files, research and resolve discrepancies, ensure W9 forms are obtained and updated.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable, reconcile discrepancies, and respond to inquiries.
- Record and maintain bank and credit card transactions. Reconcile books with bank statements.
- Review and reconcile client provided financial information and propose adjustments where applicable.
- Communicate with clients and participate in their accounting processes, as appropriate
- Prepare quarterly payroll and sales tax returns.
- Assist with clients’ annual forms 1099 filings, city business renewals, business property statement (571L) filings.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
Required Experience and Qualifications:
Please email resumes directly to email@example.com for immediate consideration
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- At least three (3) years of experience in comparable role, with strong accounting background
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinker, Analytical and information gathering skills, detailed-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Take ownership of projects assigned
- Salary range: $28 to $29 per hour