Post Closing Specialist (Mortgage)
Exceed the expectations of our residential mortgage borrowers & business partners through superior service, simple processes, and effective communications.
We deliver on this mission by empowering our employees by encouraging and recognizing superior performance and innovative solutions, by promoting teamwork and divisional cooperation.
- Review closed loan files to ensure that all required documentation is in the file, and all loan conditions have been met, approved, and signed-off
- Follow up with the necessary parties , to obtain all required post closing documentation, as well as internal and investor loan conditions - including but not limited to
- Daily communication with, title companies, borrowers, operations staff, servicer and management
Education And Experience Requirements
- Identify underwriting, processing, and closing errors – follow through with corrections
- Correspond with the escrow/title companies, internal customers, and/or brokers in performing all tasks associated with obtaining and reviewing all loan document a tion
- Complete all required due diligence
- Work closely with Secondary Marketing on Investor Deficiencies
- Work closely with Master Servicer’s on State Bond Housing Products
- Be familiar and k eep up to date with CFPB Regulations; especially TRID
- Be familiar and k eep up to date on convention al , government and investor guidelines
- Keep up to date with the origination process; especially compliance, disclosures, processing, underwriting and closing
- Upload retrieved documents to the image system
- Enter post closing conditions and comments into loan originating system and follow-up on outstanding conditions
Knowledge, Skill And Ability Requirements
- High School diploma.
- 3-5 years of experience in mortgage funding/closing environment required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer skills in a windows environment - excel
- Strong proof-reading skills
- Ability to work in a deadline driven, fast paced, high producing environment
- 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Casual Workplace
- Employee Engagement Activities
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
- Dental - RX – Vision – Life, Disability Insurance – 401(k) Plan with company match! – Employee Assistance Plan
- Pet Insurance!
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.