Team Lead - Underwriting Position
We deliver on this mission by empowering our employees by encouraging and recognizing superior performance and innovative solutions, by promoting teamwork and divisional cooperation.
- Supervises daily activities of the Underwriters to ensure SLA are met or exceeded for both underwriting and conditions review
- Responsible to ensure the proper training of the Underwriters on the LOS, AUS, regulatory and compliance policies, negotiating skills, 3rd party vendor services and any other area necessary to be effective in their role
- Develops or utilizes system reports to effectively monitor and manage individual underwriter productivity and takes appropriate action when necessary
- Participates in and/or facilitates resolutions of individual file conflicts
- Conducts the review of files requiring a second look at established by company policies
- Maintains and cultivates an effective working relationship with internal and external customers
- Effectively communicates all decisions and any required conditions to the Sales and Operations teams
- Responds to all inquiries in a timely manner as established by company SLA’s
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable state laws for team of associates including training, coaching, supervising, motivating, planning, assigning and directing work; monitoring performance and taking appropriate action when necessary
- Participates in the selection and interview process for Underwriter candidates
- Organizes and facilitates regular department meetings
- Participates in management meetings as needed
- Constantly evaluates the processes for improvement opportunities
- Communicates with the Operations Manager, Sales Manager and other appropriate positions when service levels are at risk
- Provides feedback to the other department Team Leads and the Operations Manager
- Develops and/or works with the training resources to develop training programs to ensure adequate growth and development of associates
- Reviews HMDA data for accuracy on loans that the final disposition was completed by the Underwriter
- Provides quality control responses in a timely manner
- Monitors Secondary Marketing Outstanding Conditions Report and ensures conditions are being responded to in a timely manner
- Identifies and develops a successor to this role
- Performs other duties and special projects as required
- Displays excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Serves as a role model for peers and associates by acting with integrity and in a positive manner at all times
- Acts as a role model of the company’s values, acting in an ethical and professional manner in all respects
- Embraces company culture
- 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) days and 18 after 1st anniversary!
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Casual Workplace
- Employee Engagement Activities
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Medical (including Health Savings Account & Flexible Savings Account)
- Dental - RX – Vision – Life, Disability Insurance – 401(k) Plan with company match! – Employee Assistance Plan
- Pet Insurance!
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Exceed the expectations of our residential mortgage borrowers & business partners through superior service, simple processes, and effective communications.