Post Closing Manager
Job Title: Post Closing Manager Department: Post Closing
Status: Full Time Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Exempt Status: Exempt Last Revision Date: 1/12/2021
Remotely works but our preference is in our footprint (AZ, TX, CA, WY, NM, WA)
Candidate must be in the position of equivalent position with a mortgage banking firm.
Responsible for management of all Post Closing activities.
- Manage and provide direction/mentorship to the personnel of the Post Closing Department.
- Oversee the processes to ensure efficiencies are maximized, accuracy is achieved, and time frames are met for:
- collateral documents delivered to warehouse banks.
- shipping loans to investors and agencies
- GNMA pools data and follow-up
- Insuring FHA VA and USDA
- payment of MIP, Funding and Guarantee Fees
- communicate and resolve investor purchase suspense items.
- deliver outstanding trailing documents to investors and agencies.
- MERS registration and transfers
- MI cert activations
- Flood cert transfers
- Maintain relationships with the investor contacts.
- Create, maintain, and deliver scorecards on investor purchase suspense item trends to department managers.
- Create, maintain, and deliver overall department reporting to Executive Management.
- Provide daily guidance and training.
- Create and maintain procedures for all job functions within the Post Closing Department.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENT
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in post closing along with management experience.
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of senior management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work in a paperless environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a high-pressure environment while maintaining professional demeanor.
- Advanced reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma, applicable college level coursework and related experience.
Position may work remotely.
Prolong periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer and telephone.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment if not remote.
Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at a time.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.