With over 200 locations and well over 2,000 on our team, This company is one of the largest independently owned Mortgage Banks in the nation. We are well positioned to experience exponential growth in 2020 and many years to come. We are always searching for talented Underwriters to join our team. Newly hired Underwriters can expect to work with our amazing Operations employees located around the nation. One of the biggest benefits about Underwriting with the company is that we encourage remote Underwriting, and you can work for us from anywhere in the nation. With the leadership you will be under, joining will be the next best step for your career. The benefits the company has to offer are difficult to match. We offer competitive salary that will be based off of experience. You will have a variety of medical, dental, vision, and other insurance products to choose from. Each year you will receive two weeks vacation time, over nine paid holidays, and five sick days, and access to our employee discount program! With all of these benefits, it is no wonder why we were voted the top 5 of the 50 Best Companies to work for 2019. If you are a talented Underwriter that is looking for a new company to call home,
- Completes a thorough analysis of loan files to determine compliance with company, investor, and FHA/VA guidelines.
- Evaluates the entire credit package and collateral for residential mortgage loans and ultimately ensures an “investment” quality loan product.
- Checks accuracy of all calculations and data integrity. - Completion of all required underwriting worksheets found in Fast Trac 360 Resource Center.
- Assists with the training of new underwriters. - Recommends the loan disposition to underwriting manager for loan amounts in excess of authority limitation.
- Maintains company standard for productivity level, and complies with company policy of 48 hour underwriting turnaround time and 24 hour turnaround time for clearing conditions.
- Strives to meet 3 decisions/day within allotted time - Communicates decision on loans to appropriate parties both verbally and in writing.
- Maintains underwriting activity logs and provides monthly underwriting report to underwriting manager.
- Available to processors and correspondents for general guideline interpretations and questions on specific loan files.
- Responds to post closing reviews and audits in a timely fashion.
- Performs related duties, as directed by Underwriting or Operations Manager.
- Minimum three years of mortgage underwriting experience, with solid working knowledge of underwriting guidelines.
- Experience with private investor and private mortgage insurance guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal-communication and business-relationship skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and follow-through skills.
- Excellent analytical, written communication and verbal communication skills.
- Technologically proficient.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent professional experience.