Employment Type: Full Time - Direct Hire
Location: Boston, MA (02110)
The Vice President/Senior Vice President, Banker is primarily accountable for developing the most significant of new client relationships in a specified region or business vertical, but will also support existing client needs as appropriate. The VP/SVP Banker will have the ability to sell all products offered by the Bank and know when to call upon their specialist support experts for added help. They will help with the training of staff and will work with the team to reach budgeted financial goals. The Banker will work to market the Bank and develop relationships with venture capital firms, venture backed technology or life science companies, and other key contacts within the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Play an integral part in overall team and individual origination activities to appropriately grow on balance sheet deposits, loan commitments, loan outstandings, and non-interest income, all while effectively managing the credit risk of both new and recently boarded credits
- Leverage an existing personal network of venture capital and entrepreneurial ecosystem contacts to self-generate new loan clients
- Own the primary day to day relationships with key contacts in your given ecosystem
- Source high quality deals and sponsor the deals through underwriting and credit committee process
- Assist portfolio team in managing existing relationships and adding value to the relationships
- Assist portfolio team in adding loans, deposits and GTM products to existing relationships
- Manage documentation, negotiating terms, and closing credit requests with limited assistance or counsel
- Adhere to all corporate compliance and regulatory needs including but not limited to all compliance training, Reg B, NOD, CDD, etc.
- Assist in developing less experienced bankers and analysts in your area of influence
For immediate consideration please send resume to - email@example.com
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience;
- 10+ years of venture technology or life sciences banking and / or financial services experience
- Creative and strategic thinker with excellent problem solving and organizational skills;
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and a positive attitude under pressure;
- Ability to work independently yet collaborate cross-functionally in a team environment;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, projects and relationships simultaneously;
- Proven success in managing large client accounts.