Job Title: Director of Operations
Department: Operations and Asset Management
Reports To: CEO
Manages company's multifamily and commercial real estate portfolio of approximately 800 apartment units (9 properties) and 1.2 million square feet of Commercial/Retail space (11 properties). As a member of the company’s Senior Management Team, participates in setting short term and long-term goals and contributes and influences the company’s strategic direction.
- Minimum of ten years of executive experience in multifamily and/or commercial property management, overseeing property operations, lease negotiations, financial management and reporting.
- Within the past five years has had hands-on experience in property management of a portfolio of at least eight multi-family and/or office/retail properties.
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters degree preferred.
- Experience authoring policy and procedure documents and implementing new procedures and technologies.
- Expert knowledge and skills in Excel and Yardi, or other property management accounting application.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Authored policy and procedure documents and implemented new procedures and technologies.
- Ensures staff meets high performance standards by: directly and indirectly supervising staff’s work; appraising performance; supporting staff’s skill development; rewarding and disciplining staff; and interviewing and training new staff.
- Ensures own actions and department operations comply with company policies and procedures and applicable employment laws and regulations.
- Overseeing the Management and Leasing of commercial and multi-family assets,
- Directing department activities including overseeing the work of Regional Property Manager(s) , Portfolio Managers and a Senior Facilities Manager
- Defining and monitoring key performance metrics; and liaising with and managing any 3rd party property management companies and/or leasing teams for out of state properties.
- Achieve financial performance goals by reviewing properties’ financial performance; giving appropriate direction to Regional Property Managers; ensuring charges and expenses are recorded properly;
- Supervising the annual budgeting process and the annual CAM Reconciliation process and evaluating and setting policies and procedures related to operating the portfolio.
- Ensures physical assets are maintained by overseeing capital planning and capital improvement projects; and ensuring appropriate preventive maintenance activities and required repairs are completed.
- Ensures all property-related marketing and advertising campaigns are aligned with property objectives.
- Direct responsibility for Operations Department project list and timely execution of department’s projects.
- Conducts regular visits to properties within portfolio to assess growth and areas of development.
- Ensures efficient operations within the department and with other departments by: evaluating workflows and procedures; evaluating and integrating new systems and technologies;
- utilizing input from staff and other departments in planning and executing improvements;
- maintaining and creating department templates and “Standard Operating Procedures” and using best practices to improve efficiency of the department and portfolio, including leasing office operations.
- Works with Human Resources Department on staffing needs and employee relations.
- Develops and maintains required training programs for Operations Department and related staff.
- Insures training is modified and updated as needed.
- Assist with investor relation including preparation and review of quarterly financial statements and responding to investor requests for information.
- Achieves a smooth transition during the acquisition and disposition of properties by overseeing the completion of Operations-related activities
- Develop and implement asset business plans by conducting market evaluations and setting and achieving occupancy goals.
- Sits on the Senior Management team and acquisition committee.
- Eligible for partnership track
Please send resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration